Journal 2:- A Beginning!!

Over a period of time, I have known that I possess a highly distracted mind. Such heightened level of distraction that every day I will come up with a new idea, start it, and then drop it in between because something else starts dancing all over me.

And, for all the distractions that I possess, I am eligible to say this that it has taken me nowhere. I consider myself a high unsuccessful being in worldly achievements, and a baggage full of information in bits and pieces. I have never been able to understand why I am so distracted that everything and everyone around me has this power to influence me.

You tube and youtubers , Instagram, social media, videos, people full of successful career with power and money in their bank accounts, instant gratification - you name the instruments of influencers and there won’t be a box without a tick mark from my side. And on top of all this, my own chattering mind, imagining all sort of things which just comes out of nowhere. A perfect example of slavery.

Why am I referring to it as slavery is just because of a situation that has emerged right now. I was imagining how our seniors always want to listen to good things and can’t bear to criticisms and in spite of an urge to speak fearlessly the inner self, ultimate words uttered from the mouth would be just according to what they want to listen. I consider this as slavery, definitely an external slavery.

But the harsh reality is, even if I distance myself from all the external factors that induces slavery in me, such as- jobs, gossips of mine by my own self, about me being jobless, single, no future; I am still a slave.

A slave of my tendencies.

Tendencies that would sleep for an entire day to avoid challenges.

Tendencies that know the right path but still fall back when it comes to implementation.

Tendencies that are frustrated within, and know the solutions, but won’t apply them.

Tendencies that have beautifully evolved as an art in me of constant comparison of my own self with the others.

And these tendencies are just so endless in number.

And to free myself from this slavery, I turn towards philosophy. I am sure, philosophy would have an answer about whereabouts of these human tendencies, but I am afraid, even if I find out the answer, would I be able to fight them with the right weapons. That’s the point of concern. Hmm..

Keeping aside all of this, I am thinking to put all this in this blog, which has the sole purpose of journalling my philosophical endeavour.

Because, you know, apart from all the distractions I possess, this method of journalling and writing has the power to calm me down!!

Now, I wonder, whether I should consider myself a slave of this power as well??

Even if it is, I would enjoy the art of sharing a piece of writing for the time being!!


Designed by author in canva!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Room on the Roof- Ruskin Bond !! A Journey with Rusty!!

Reading 35 :- संघर्ष :- पाठ 9 नोट्स- वृत्ति !!

Reading 34 :- संघर्ष :- पाठ ७ नोट्स- समझने की प्रक्रिया _